HOMEMADE ICE LOLLIES FOR THE SUMMER
Rule of thumb in summer with warm weather: Don’t eat anything unless it’s frozen and on a stick. Heres some extra tasty treats for you and the kids to cool you down!
Peanut butter lollies
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly molds and freeze for 30 minutes before inserting the sticks.
- Freeze in the freezer until they are frozen solid, about 4 hours.
Gummy bear ice lolly
- Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- Gummy Bears
- Fill molds about 3/4 of the way full with Sprite
- Drop in gummy bears
- Place popsicle stick into mold
- Freeze until frozen all the way through
- 2 large instant pudding mix (light colored)
- food coloring
- Plastic Cups
- lolly sticks
• prepare pudding according to the directions
• let pudding stand
• divide into 5 parts and color each part with food coloring.
• layer each color of pudding into small plastic cups.
• cover over with tin foil and place the popsicle sticks in the centre
• chill in the fridge for 2 hours, then place in freezer to completely freeze.
• to eat, peal off the plastic cup enjoy your pudding pop!
• makes 10 – 12 ice lollies
Fresh Fuit lolly
1 peach, cut into 1/2-inch slices (1/2 cup)
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
3/4 cup strawberries, finely chopped
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit punch or white-grape juice
1. Combine fruit in a mixing bowl, and arrange the mixture into 8 3-ounce lolly molds.
2. Pour enough juice into each mold to just cover fruit.
3. Insert lolly sticks and freeze until solid (about 6 hours).
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (you could reduce the sugar or use an alternative like agave nectar, stevia, etc.)
Puree the ingredients in a blender. Pour into your choice of mold and freeze until hardened.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt and honey.
- Pour into plastic or paper cups if you dont have any foulds, place lolly sticks in the center and freeze 4-6 hours or until frozen through
Orange banana pop
7 oz of Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Purée all ingredients in a blender. Pour into a lolly molds or into paper cups and then insert a stick into the middle
- Freeze until hardened (about 6 hours).
Whatever the weather, enjoy any of these easy and fun treats to share (or not share) with the kids